Downpipe goes nowhere!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my previous thread. We are the middle property of three terraces, whichshare a downpip from tthe roof guttering. The house deeds suggest that maintenance costs are shared.

Anyway. Recently our front drive has started flooding. The neighbour where the downpipe come down are new and we didn't have this problem with the previous owners.

So, I have had a look and the downpipe goes into a water butt. There is an overflow on the butt which is just a metre long piece of guttering which takes the water down their driveway which floods it and then in turn our drive!

I think the problem is, the previous owners used to empty the water butt, whereas the new owners don't bother.

So, question is, what can we suggest to get a proper solution to this and what trade would do it?

Let me know of my description isn't clear. [/quote]

Sponsored Links
RWP's should go into gulley's or connectors to some kind of drainage or run-off sump..

Its a contentious issue because modern Regs call for separating waste and soil water from rainwater - in fact many properties use a single drainage for both types.

A general jobbing builder or plumber would easily take care of the issue.
All three houses would be responsible for costs - perhaps discuss it with them.

There might even be a gulley on site but the previous neighbour's choose to use the butt?

RWP's should go into gulley's or connectors to some kind of drainage or run-off sump..

There might even be a gulley on site but the previous neighbour's choose to use the butt?
I got that a lot in Brighton - quite lucrative sorting them out :idea: ( Jobbing Plumber)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back