Joining lead to copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to connect a lead supply 22mm (approx.) to 15mm copper pipe. Can I use a compression fitting for the lead.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Doesn't anyone get busy with the file & a hacksaw & build up one of those chunky solder joints anymore ?

Granted its .......... 30+ years since I've seen it done tho....... :D

We w0s having a new thunder box fitted @ the time :p

Same dude used to do 90 degree bends by soldering two pipes together with 45 deg angles cut on em ........ Mind you ....... He did fall off our roof once doing something clever with flashing :eek:

Thanks for the quick replies fellas. Leadloc it is then. Cheers.

Wiping joints on lead pipe for potable water is illegal, on anything else it's fine :rolleyes: if you have the skill :LOL: :LOL:

Buy an Philmac universal coupling a brill fitting

Still got my moleskin wipe in the bag somewhere but haven't used it for years. Shame, I liked doing wiped joints. Sign of the time I suppose, the traditional skill-base is going fast.

The OP doesn't state whether the connection is for water or gas, if it's the latter then you can't use a leadloc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back