Joining onto a soil pipe for an external WC -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello people.

I would appreciate some guidance on building a small wooden construction, bit like a glorified garden shed, but with a Lavatory inside it.

My dilemma is figuring out how to connect to an existing external soil pipe.

Building Regs aside, what products are on the market, that I could use. Someone mentioned a "T-joint" and "Branch" ?

I plan on running the pipe along the wall, under the window,close to the ground, and straight into the soil pipe.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Seriously????? An outside loo ... now there's an innovation for the 21st Century!

It's highly doubtful your planned privvy complies with Building regs, and how are you going to protect it against frost in the colder months?

If you really are serious, then you'll need a junction (or branch), and a slip collar. It's debatable though if you'll get sufficient fall on the proposed leg to be able to get a connection onto the stack above ground level....

I'd also be cautious about cutting into that stack, it looks to me like it's somewhat faded from the sun, this usually results it the plastic becoming brittle. It may shatter or split if you attempt to cut it.

Sponsored Links
It's highly doubtful your planned privvy complies .
You`ll have to take it to the highest level of government ....................................................... Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back