Joining the boiler discharge pipe and condensate pipe

Some boiler manufacturers incorporate an air pressure switch (burner interlock) in order to detect loss of trap seal @ condensate outlet.
I can't say that I've ever encountered flue gas condensate discharging into a tundish???.

Sponsored Links
There will not be a tundish on a condensate system!!!

Viessmann recommend that the condensate is discharged into the waste system internally via a Tundish or washing machine trap !!!
The Gassafe inspector was quite happy on the two installs I took him to !!

Going back to the original question

https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/document/download/TB%200107%20a

PRODUCT: Worcester Greenstar condensing boilers. Combined PRV & Condense drain:

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
Interesting reading that, it is 11 years old though and is written from a building regs perspective rather than gas I would say. What's more interesting though is the boxed paragraph at the bottom of page 4.

As @Terrywookfit example shows though if it's in the MI then that supercedes all regardless of opinion, which it why it's a grey one IMO.

No disrespect Bernard but why do you feel the need to give advise on matters you know nothing about??
What boiler manufacturer recommended the fitting of a tundish to aid in condensate removal?
A tundish is usually fitted in order to alert the end user of a potential problem...:)

A tundish is usually fitted in order to alert the end user of a potential problem...:)
It can also be an air break :-
1) to prevent back flow into the equipment that is draining via the tundish.
2) to prevent low air pressure in the drain system sucking water out of the trap in the boiler.

If you had a tun dish after the trap and the trap dried out poc would be discharged.a tundish is a warning device usually to show overflow or dishcharge.In some cases you could fit them but you would have to have a deep trap on the boiler.

If you had a tun dish after the trap and the trap dried out poc would be discharged.a tundish is a warning device usually to show overflow or dishcharge.In some cases you could fit them but you would have to have a deep trap on the boiler.

I see that you claim to be Scottish in your profile, but surely even a Scotsman would not turn off a boiler long enough for the trap to dry out !!

It would refill before any fatalities occurred.

The Google Warriors etc didn't think or know about a 'Hotun'.

How can someone that's not a RGI be permitted to advise on a gas boiler & its flue system etc.
Why has Bernardgreen not been banned for giving Gas Work advice to DIYers??

I see that you claim to be Scottish in your profile, but surely even a Scotsman would not turn off a boiler long enough for the trap to dry out !!

It would refill before any fatalities occurred.

That's a racist statement, please retract it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back