Joining two female connections on brass shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a new brass shower head, and realised that both the new head and the existing shower water pipe (shower arm?) have female connectors.

I'm not sure if each of the ends is the same size (the shower pipe may be slightly narrower).

Is there anything available to buy that would join the two together? I've had a quick google search but I'm getting confused about unions, compression joints, connections etc etc.

thanks

LG

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to say without seeing it/knowing what sizes we are dealing with, it might be a case that the shower rose is 1/2" BSP and the shower arm is manufacturer specific.

If they are both 1/2" then you could just buy a 15mm compression coupling, take off the nuts and olives and attach that way, as mentioned, difficult for me to imagine, a pic perhaps??

I googled Space..... Nipple and got Lieutenant Uhuru (sp.? ) on Star Trek :eek:

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the info, I managed to get exactly what I needed from B&Q last night - a hexagonal nipple - and all for £1.10.

all sorted now, cheers

:D

I googled Space..... Nipple and got Lieutenant Uhuru (sp.? ) on Star Trek :eek:
Sounds about right :LOL:
I only read this post because I misread "connection" for "connecting"
Should have know better, as it would have had 6000 viewings in stead of 6

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back