joins in the cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I paid a builder to build me a garden cabin and for the cladding he used cedar. He verbally told me that he was going to using complete strips, 2.5m long and clad it vertically.

As the cladding was one of the last things to be done, his margin on the whole job I guess starting to dwindle and instead of complete strips, I get these joins where strips are joined together at random places

I know it was a verbal thing that he said but do I have any argument on this subject like is it bad practice to do this, i.e. rain water might get in these joins.

Sponsored Links
Your argument is one of contract and aesthetics and whether he agreed to do it with complete lengths or not.

Assuming the whole wall construction has been built and detailed correctly there is no weather proofing argument. The timber cladding is merely stopping driving rain. Imagine if your building was 8m tall, joints would be unavoidable.

He’s a knob though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back