Joint Filler "Coverage"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After using TE board for dot and dabbing my walls, I am about to start the filling process.

Readymixed filler is the way I'm thinking of going, unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

However, how far will a 10kg tub go? How many long joints can I expect it to cover?

Additionally, there are lots of good posts here already with hints and tips, but I couldn't find out how I "lose" the tape in the non valley joints. eg where the wall meets the ceiling, or where metal beading meets the boards at edges- how do I end up without a bump?

Sponsored Links
You will have to feather it out. I would use easi fill as it sounds down perfect, dont know about any other products as ive not used them, but any gyproc joint filler is what i would use.

I would use easi fill as it sounds down perfect, dont know about any other products as ive not used them, but any gyproc joint filler is what i would use.
try this a 25 kilo bag cost £11 my local dealer lets me have it for £10 a bag cash, during a quite spell last year m8 m8 whos a tape and joint contractor (machine tape and jointing) took me out with him to show me how he does things, they would use 2 coats filler 1 coat joint cement, and if asked would give the boards a topcoat the prices they were getting was £1.75 a m2 tape and jointing, 25p a m2 top coat or if on day rate it would be £125, i would much rather use this stuff and @ £10 a bag for 25 kilos its a lot cheaper than easifill as well http://www.wondertex.co.uk/drywall_finishing_systems.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back