Joints between different flooring types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just had my flooring laid with oak laminate in the lounge, vinyl in the bathroom and carpet in the bedroom.

The bathroom and the bedroom come off the lounge.

What is the best appraoch for covering/connecting the joints between these different materials and heights?

Thr orginial fitter bought the standard metallic bars but they look really out of place and am now looking at other solutions.

Any suggestions on what I can do, especially as the foors are all at different heights now?

I bought a oak platic clip from B&Q but it was hopeless and i really could get it fitting right - far too flimsy and fiddily!

Sponsored Links
iirc you can get various types of door bars,ie laminate to vinyl im sure there in the sheds.

Hi Roister

Use a quick step incizo profile, these can accomodate the laminate to carpet/vinyl/laminate/skirtings/patio doors and can match most wood finishes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back