Joists on light blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been intending to put flat roof joists (metal web joists) on my aerated blocks (5.2N IIRC). Some blocks say you should sit them on 4mm neoprene or roofing felt, but the manufacturer of my blocks doesn't seem to know how I should put the joists on the blocks. Is the 4mm felt etc. a standard thing that I can do or would I need to use a wall plate or something? A wall plate would be a bit of a pain as I'm just 75mm from where I want the joists.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Never heard of it. The only thing slightly close is that most block manufacturer's recommend a slip membrane between blocks and members such as cross bearing lintels, beams, concrete floor beams etc. I don't think those blokes looked this up, I reckon they asked the manufacturer's technical people and somebody came across the above and thought best be safe than sorry (in giving advice) and told them to put in a membrane. As already said, it's not needed for standard floor joists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back