Junction box on ring main - two spurs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All

Quick question - can a junction box on a ring main only feed one spur or can it be used to feed two spurs?

Thanks

Alsn

Sponsored Links
All

Quick question - can a junction box on a ring main only feed one spur or can it be used to feed two spurs?

Thanks

Alsn

No but make the jb a fused connection unit and you can run several sockets off it.

Before you do that, where are the junction boxes?

Under a floor or in a loft may not be suitable for a fused connection unit.

One possibility may be to install another junction box nearby, so each jb supplies one spur.

Sponsored Links
Before you do that, where are the junction boxes?

Under a floor or in a loft may not be suitable for a fused connection unit.

One possibility may be to install another junction box nearby, so each jb supplies one spur.

Yes I agree with that one - though if its in a place not suitable for a fcu it is not suitable for a jb.

Thanks all, thought that would be the case but thought I'd check. The JB is fixed to a wall and not hidden under a floor etc.

I'll put another JB in the ring main and spur off again. Just trying to save on a bit of work.

Thanks again.

As you are using another jb, you may like to take the opportunity to make the new socket directly on the ring, rather than a spur.

This could prove useful if you need to add to the new socket in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back