Electrical junction box wiring

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. I intend to run the spurs to terminate in 13amp switched sockets. One for a dishwasher and one for a double switched socket for general use of worktop kitchen appliances. Toaster, food mixer iron etc.
This changes all. You are working in a kitchen as that means you need to register the work under Part P and at £100+ for LABC fees just not worth doing DIY it's a get a registered electrician in job.

As to maintenance free boxes vibration can cause screws to become lose and by using the spring clip type of box it means you don't need to check the connections during a service. On a metal batching plant vibrating as it makes each batch of concrete this is important. However a) I think chances of wires becoming lose due to vibration in a house is slim unless you live next to the railway. b) Even if you can check tightness very few house's are serviced so unlikely anyone with tighten them anyway. So really not worth worrying about.

Type of JB, DIY or not, all of these are of secondary importance. Rebuke picked up on this, but it seems to be being overlooked.

I intend to run the spurs to terminate in 13amp switched sockets. One for a dishwasher and one for a double switched socket for general use of worktop kitchen appliances. Toaster, food mixer iron etc.
Rather a lot to have on one point on the ring. Don't use a JB and spurs - extend the ring to properly serve extra sockets.

And BTW...

I intend to install a 30amp 4 way junction box on the ring main. Can I run two spurs from this junction box as there are four connections? Ring main in, ring main out and two spurs.
A 4-way junction box means it has 4 terminals, or sets of terminals. Live, Neutral, Earth and ano.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back