junction box

AS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4 terminal junction box in old house.

into this JB comes a
1. lighting cable (2core+earth) that goes to a strip light.
2. 3 core and earth cable going to multi term box (I think)
3. a 2 core and earth cable that seem to go to something that looks like and old bakelite connector box but nothing connects out the other side.

it is wired as follows:

terminal A contains : red/L from the 3 core(no2 above) and red/L from the 2 core(no 3 above)

term B contains : red/L from light cable (1 above) and yellow from 3 core cable (2 above)

term C contains : black from light cable(1) , black from 2 core(3) and blue from 3 core(2)

term D has all the earths.

If I remove the cable 3 (as it seems to go nowhere) by removing it's red from term A and it's black from term C would I need to alter the red in term A from cable 2 for my light to still work??

cheers

Sponsored Links
no you shouldn't need to change anything else if you remove the cable that goes nowhere.

it sounds like the 3&E cable originally fed two seperately switched lights from the multi term box via that juntion box but one light was later removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back