The sequel - 2 red cores in a light fuseholder

AS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone who has read "2 red cores in a light fuseholder" and could be bothered to map the enclosed out as I can't do a diagram! i would be grateful if you could let me know if there is odd stuff going on here.
As some of the red cores going into the light fuseholders seem to have the other components of the cable connecting to all and sundry. I guess it must be safe as an elec certified it when we bought the house but I want to change the lighting layout and get the thing simple and understandable again.

What I want to do is remove light A and associated cables and leave myself with 1 main light feed from CU to MT JB so I can re –do circuit is it a case of just ripping it all out?

I hope this makes sense on paper!

Fuseholder A contains –
Live which then goes to Mterm JB terminal C (Cable 1)
(black goes to com’ in CU and MT JB Terminal B)

also contains – *Live of cable 1a which goes off somewhere
(Black goes to com’ in CU)

Light A –(2 core)—JB—(3 core)—Live to fuse holder B
Blue to common in CU
Yellow connects to Live core going to Mterm JB Terminal A (cable 2)
Cable 2 Black in MT JB goes to Term E
Cable 2 Black in CU connects to *Live of cable 2a that goes off somewhere (2a black goes to CU common.
Light A also has 3 core switch cable going from switch to MT JB cable 3 this terminates
Live term A, Blue term G, Yell Term H

** possibly go to pull switch wall lights or outside light

Mutli Term JB
Shows term blocks and cable no’s/colours associated.
Cables 1,2,3 see above
Cables 4,5,6,7 go to lights/switches.
L=live
N=Black
BL=Blue
Y=yellow

A B C D E F G H
2L 1N 1L 4L 2N 3Bl 3Y
3L 4N 6L 5L 8N 6BL 6Y
5N 7L 8L
7N

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sorry all those things like &#211, etc are just dashes and dots that have come up as a number - please ignore them!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back