Junction Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im a little confused with the junction boxes out in the market.

Please clarify the following,

1. 30A JB for sockets

2. 20A JB for lighting

3. Therefore what is 5A used for?

4. Can i use a 30A JB to extend a 6mm2 electric oven cable. if not what about a 60A JB.

5. Will an electric hob required a unique supply to consumer unit and will it need a double pole switch as like a cooker.

Can someone please help me

Sponsored Links
1. 30A JB for sockets - J/B are rated for what they can carry. there are no specific rules that say 30A must only be used for ring mains etc. use a JB what is appropriatly rated for what you need

2. 20A JB for lighting - possibly not. see above

3. Therefore what is 5A used for? lighting normally. or anything upto 5A

4. Can i use a 30A JB to extend a 6mm2 electric oven cable. if not what about a 60A JB. - itll be hard getting 2 6MM^2 cables into a 30A JB. go with 60. or better still, crimp it

5. Will an electric hob required a unique supply to consumer unit and will it need a double pole switch as like a cooker. - depends. if it draws upto 3KW it can be plugged into the ring main. anything above will need its own radial

Can someone please help me - yes

thanks for the reply, the hobs power is around 6Kw, so im gonna connect it directly to the consumer unit via a 32A breaker but does it require a dp switch like an oven would.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back