Junk or Vintage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting to clear the place out ready for building works. There are a lot of what I believe are original 1930s brass fittings(muliples of each shown) plus each room has one of this sink units. Mirror has a nifty full size bulb behind! proper retro. 20220124_105744.jpg 20220124_105854.jpg 20220124_110118_02.jpg 20220124_110240.jpg 20220124_110418.jpg 20220124_110440.jpg 20220124_111029.jpg 20220124_113037.jpg 20220124_113050.jpg 20220124_113059.jpg

Are they worth sticking on ebay or not?

Sponsored Links
Nothing is junk these days,
chuck them in the skip later.
- dont do that
i was surprised when i gave away various items after clearing a garage that i thought was for the dump only

I put on 3 sites , Freecycle , nextdoor & facebook marketplace
all went in a week

Note that was for free, BUT I would hve a look for items like that on Facebook & Ebay - see what condition and price they are fetching - on ebay you can search for SOLD items and get the price they went for

I would also put on facebook market place and nextdoor with a price - I did and sold

trouble with ebay now are the fees , postage , paypal fees etc

Just do collection only , if you want people to come round, which is what i did

Sponsored Links
Another option is to make use of the basins - could you make a feature bathroom out of them?

If you have some space to store them, store them and put them on Facebook, which is free. Put them on without a price, but for the best offer - collection only. You will get a lot of time wasters asking if they are available and when you answer yes, they disappear, but they will sell eventually. I have sold several worthwhile items via FB and given a few away too. They are not antiques, but quite old I think. Aside from just advertising on FB, join a few of the local sales groups too, as many as you can find and select to advertise in those as well - more likelihood of someone local wanting to collect them.

If you do put them in a skip unbroken, they would be gone next morning.

Only problem with eBay is that if you use Best Buy you pay to list. Time wasters are annoying. I sold my sideboard, which was clearly marked as Pick Up Only, to somebody 200 miles away. They never paid or replied, obviously!

I sold my sideboard, which was clearly marked as Pick Up Only, to somebody 200 miles away. They never paid or replied, obviously!
Same happens on Nextdoor & Freecycle, quite a few people messages and when i said available - they either did not reply OR did not realise my location , even. though i put the town in the advert - i person was only 5 miles away , but asked me to deliver, i said NO , not for free !!!!!!

All that stuff perfectly saleable
I've been dealing part time in 20th century stuff (mostly deco) for over 40 years. I can assure you you have only to go to one of big antiques fairs (3 to 4 thousand stalls) to know anything can be sold.
Lots of decent advice chose your method get selling!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back