Just 5 screws per t+g 22mm chipboard board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Mike
The way I see it is that the manufacturer will specify the minimum number required so that builders put in the correct minimum number if they are on a schedule and budget.

Folk on the internet want to advise to (try to) garentee that there are no squeaks, noises or movement, and it should be remembered that internet writers have no budgetary or time constraints, so they go for a large number.

And as an example, application also makes a difference. For my bathroom with its ply floorboard that I wanted no movement from as was lying tiles on it I put down screws every 20cm. For loft where floor was a lot bigger, and less issues with movement I put in a lot lot less.

I therefore (half serious half joking) suggest you put in slightly above average at 18 screws per board.

Or buy as many packs of screws your budget can afford and divide the number screws by the number of boards so you use all the screws. https://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-n...agedredirect-_-screwsfixings-_-flooringscrews

SFK

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That was one of the most informative answers I've had for a long time. Thank you very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back