Just how prepped is prepped ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all

A mate of mine is going to plaster my kitchen at the weekend and wants me to prep it for him. He is on holiday now and don't want to disturb him so would like your thought on how far I should go ?

The plaster is only going to go down just below worktop height as the new kitchen will cover the rest of it.

I have scrapped off any loose paint and plaster and have filled in my chases with bonding. Would the next move be stripping all of the wallpaper and then sizing the wall with pva, if so do I need to get rid of every little bit of tile adhesive which has been left behind from the splashback ?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your on the right track.
I would remove as much tile adhesive as possible to give a smoother finish.
The wall will then need PVA applying at least the day before your plasterer comes in, then again, just a little time before the finish is applied.

Sounds like your on the right track.
I would remove as much tile adhesive as possible to give a smoother finish.
The wall will then need PVA applying at least the day before your plasterer comes in, then again, just a little time before the finish is applied.

Brilliant thank you :D

Remember to follow the instructions on the PVA container, as best applied and what dilute ratio, as they do differ form each producer/manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
If there is a radiator in the room and you want him to plaster behind it, take it off and scrape the wallpaper there too.

If there is a radiator in the room and you want him to plaster behind it, take it off and scrape the wallpaper there too.

Thanks

Don't need to worry about that part of the kitchen yet but will bear that in mind :D

just want to get one existing wall and my new stud wall done so I can start fitting the carcases

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back