just installed towel rad now downstairs rad wont heat up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have just fitted a towel rad for a friend he lives in a 2 bed terraced with 5 rads plus towel rad . Before i started he said all rads where hot after i installed towel rad i tried to bleed them all up. Eventually i did it as it is a really old house and all rad nipples have corroded. Anyway now i cant get the living room rad to heat up every other one is boiling hot this is the last rad on system i even put hose pipe on this rad and pulled water threw it stayed hot for a couple of mins then went cold again. Before you ask im not sure what boiler it is apart from it is really old f&e tank in the attic with cold water cistern on top of cylinder in the bathroom
thanks in advance for any help :oops:

Sponsored Links
Probably needs balancing.

TRVs are handy because they tend to have a balancing effect once the hottest rooms warm up.

I forgot to mention all the rads only have lock shields on and these are on both sides never seen it like this before
I f the balancing does not work what else can it be

Sponsored Links
Have you bothered to do a search??
If not - why?
If so why not tell us what you've done of the normal things.........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back