Just installed Vaillant eco plus and unistor 260 cylinder...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have just got installed a vaillant eco plus boiller and the unistor cylinder which are stored in my garage and the hot water pipe 22mm goes all the way to my loft room first and then come down. This was because i had an old system in my loft conversion and had a 22mm pipe going all the way up.

Wanted to confirm on few things being new to this system:

pressure in my loft conversion to all the way down to kitchen is great but i noticed when shower upstairs in loft is being used and someone opens a tap the pressure does got bit low, not very low but you can tell another tap is open somewhere. Is this normal or should i be expecting no reduce in pressure whatsoever?

Also currently i have tap and showers which has its own cold and hot tap, when i turn on both the pressure is very high.... now if i were to purchase a thermostatic or single tap mixer, would this provide less pressure compared to separate taps for cold and hot?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unless you have a good dynamic flow rate in your mains supply then you will notice come effects when more than one hot tap is used.

Its not a very good idea to use 22 mm to supply hot outlets from a combi as it takes longer to get hot at each outlet.

Tony

op probably a dynamic flow issue.

tony when will you stop posting drivel? the op did say he has a unistor CYLINDER just for your refreshment this is an unvented cylinder not a combi!!!

Sponsored Links
Unless you have a good dynamic flow rate in your mains supply then you will notice come effects when more than one hot tap is used.

Its not a very good idea to use 22 mm to supply hot outlets from a combi as it takes longer to get hot at each outlet.

Tony

What the heck are "come effects" .. is that what your wife does to make you feel good about yourself!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back