just read all the disasters...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
over the course of 2 hours & it's now 3.30 am!
Had me in hysterics but I don't feel I can add my own as they aren't as interesting to read.
Although one story is funny. Bought a house with my sister & planned to do it up. The living room had this horrible spiky artex stuff on the ceiling & we were worried about removing it as we'd been told it was hard to do & having to sand it down sounded like pure fun in a bun, so we left it for another day.
Anyway we decided to spray the radiators with silver hammerite rather than the staid white they come in & so we removed most of them cept the one above the living room. We turned it off & started removing it & the pipe seemed stuck so I gave it a bit of a shove & water jetted everywhere. I only had the spanner to release the pressure fitting which couldn't turn the little spindle on the radiator cock so my sister went running off to find a pair of pliers whilst Niagara falls fills the floor cavity. So she gets them & I shut off the cock, realising only then that I must have turned it fully on not fully off before!
So I go down to see the damage. Damage! it was great. Around 80% of the artex had come off in a teardrop shape. Very symbolic =).

Sponsored Links
That is jammy! That would be like having a dented old car, crashing it, and finding the dents were hammered out by the collision! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back