never take anything for granted

C

compheat

About 10 years ago i was installing a new combi boiler in a ex council house, me and my partner had been working there for 2 days and had power to the sockets in the kitchen and to the lighting circuit only (breakers had been turned off at consumer unit) anyway i we had to pull out some old cables where the back boiler used to be, I checked to make sure that the RCD was off on heating and checked with a neon for power at live connection at the switch in the living room, everything seemed ok :) I then started removing the cables and went flying across the room :cry: IT turned out that the local electic company had put in a new meter and wired it wrong (reverse polarity) there was no protection at all :mad: SO be very carefull it dagerous out there.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Armed with a 'neon' , it sure would be dangerous !! ;)

Ed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back