K Rend Algae

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5.5 years ago we put K-Rend on our new house because the brochure said it was maintenance free for 25 years - about 2 years ago we noticed quite a bit of algae growing over it - we are in an exposed area no trees any closer than 50ft away from the worst affected parts of the house - our house instead of a nice buttermilk colour is green and black, I contacted Krend last year (when the discolouration was not too noticeable) and they told me to treat it with a chemical - we did so and were horrified when we saw the difference in the colour the house should be and the colour it is now. They kept saying it was environmental.......I have contacted them today and they have asked me to forward photos of the house. Again the word "environmental" popped up. My neighbour across the road put sand and cement render on his house 6 years ago and he has no algae - my sister who lives on the same road put Weberplast (also a coloured render) on her new house 6 years ago and she has no algae either. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I have attached a pic of my house with part of it power washed - this clearly shows the colour the house should be and the algae!!

Sponsored Links
Algae is a natural phenomenon that grows on all external surfaces. Using an algaecide will help to kill the algae aiding the elimination of regrowth.
Algae Clean removes algae, mildew, fungus, and lichen stains from external surfaces such as brick, concrete, paving, tiles, tarmac, painted plaster, pebble-dash and render.
√ No scrubbing
√ Once a year treatment
√ Results in 3 days
√ Does not affect grass
√ Environmentally friendly
√ Helps prevent re-infection
Algae Clean is a water-based, anti-bacterial fungicidal wash process that requires no scrubbing. The area is covered leaving a residual ingredient that slowly weathers off over a 3 day period, leaving a clean and refreshed surface. Algae Clean aids prevention of immediate re-infection and should be applied regularly (every 6 - 12 months).
Algae Clean will not harm surrounding grass areas. Works as an inhibitor to aid prevention of algae, moulds and fungi from re-growth.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

We clean K-Render using a chemicals. You should never pressure wash a K render wall. It will damage the surface and leave the area patchy. The finish after just pressure washing is not great, it may get slightly cleaner, but we have found the best results are from a chemical wash and a rinse with a high flow pressure washer from a distsance.

There are some pics of some of our work on Facebook(see link below)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.456094624473184.1073741831.189257364490246&type=1[/QUOTE]

What chemicals do you use? How do you apply them?

sorry mate iv only ever used the cleaner the people that make the render make?? as that way you have come back if it gos wrong simples
as for jet was yes you can use a jew was even a hot water site jet wash iv work for some bigs firms in londone applying there gear and cleaning it and never hade a mess up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back