K-rend (smooth finish) direct onto block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm waiting of my renderer to begin work and have had a call to say he'll be delayed due to a recent clients k-rend cracking and he's chipping off and starting it again. I'm also using k rend (I've Already bought some). I'm now worried it'll crack too.

The renderer says I don't need an undercoat... Is this true? Also I'm led to believe he's doing it with one pass but the website says 2 coats is recommended. Anyone got any advice?

Sponsored Links
The renderer says I don't need an undercoat... Is this true? Also I'm led to believe he's doing it with one pass but the website says 2 coats is recommended. Anyone got any advice?
I was workin with a spread the other week who does a lot of k rend and he told me you don't need a basecoat on certain types of backgrounds as to what backgrounds he said I cant remember, the best person to ask on here about k rend is skimmers ill give him a buzz and see if he will answer your question

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back