K9 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently downloaded and run A K9 protection software.
Now it will not let me gain access to the internet or help and support.
I have tried to delete it but will not accept password, I have used the forgotten password button, but says it can not send me emails due to the server not being in use.
I can recieve emeails from elsewhere, what should I do, I have tried to contact there support service but have had no reply.

Sponsored Links
Found this on Experts Exchange, might help?

"Try the following:

1. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode
2. Go to the Program Files directory and delete the folder in which it is kept.
3. Go to Start>Run and type msconfig. Find where the K9 loads and untick it from the list.

You can also try Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/), and if THAT doesn't work, use Hijack This (http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html). That has some really tough tools for removing sticky things.

I hope that helps!

PS If none of that helps, then reboot your computer and using the Windows CD access the recovery console. Then when you get the DOS prompt, navigate to the program files directory and do a hard delete. You type cd\ to get to root, then cd progra~1 to get to program files, and then deltree (folder of k9 here). It definitely should work."

Thank you for the advice, I have printed it off.
As I can not use my PC on-line.(@work)
But the fact I can't get on-line at home, means I would not be able to download the help tools you have advised but will give the rest ago.
There's a guy at work how has had the same problem, claims that the software finds corrupt files and blocks access to online and they then ask a fee to remove corrupt files so you can get back online, how true that is I don't know but I can not get online or go to help and support, which would help me go back to a time that it was not doing as it is now.
But I will give you advise ago.
Cheers

When/If all else fails :-

I would suggest renaming bckd.sys below to something like ZZbckd.sys, at least copy the thing to another location before messing with it.
Solution 4 [i]rho rho[/i] said:
Disable the Bluecoat service from the Windows Service Control Manager. Remove the file bckd.sys under Windows system32 drivers directory. Reboot the box.

Sounds reasonable to get you away.

---------------------------------------------------
Then have a look at all this - Choose the less dodgy stuff like the re-install method - Steer clear of registry editing unless you retain a clear path back to where you started, by back-up or other means.
http://www.fixya.com/support/t479110-uninstall_k9_web_protection_without_code

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uninstall+k9+web+protection&aq=f

Your call.

-0-

Sponsored Links
I'd view the software downloads as optionals, I would think you'd manage without them but then I've no experience with K9.

Let us know how you get on :)

Willing to bet one of the loons had it right.. Certainly looks like a new install over the top of the current bun will allow proper un-install without the danger of nuking the whole system.

-0-

What I have done is done some back up mcopies last night of stuff I don't won't to lose.
There is a guy a work whose quite handy at this sort of stuff, so brought the tower into work for him. Will give him info you have all given me and lets hope we have smilly face by the end of the day.

The guy from work was dragging his heels, so I decided to have a go using this info from uzziel49

Found this on Experts Exchange, might help?

"Try the following:

1. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode
2. Go to the Program Files directory and delete the folder in which it is kept.
3. Go to Start>Run and type msconfig. Find where the K9 loads and untick it from the list.
Did steps one and two, it allowed me to use the password in safe mode, why is that? :confused:
but when I tried step 3 could not find any info regarding K9!
But as we stand at this moment in time I'm back, YIPPEE :!: have I been missed :?: :LOL:
Cheers guys very very much appreciated.
Is it worth running anything else, to clean any after taste up?

Sponsored Links
Back