Ka heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done a search but either I can't work it out or it's not there,any how the problem is with the daughters Ford ka its a T plate what ever age that is? the problem is with the heater it's on all the blooming time,we haven't got a hand book so I don't know where to start looking any ideas.

Sponsored Links
If its the same as the Fiesta it has an electrically controlled water valve which are not the most reliable components.

Peter

Thanks for that Peter.N but where do I locate the said valve.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that I'll have a look in the morning,is it an expensive or inexpensive piece to replace.

Hiya,

Easy to replace. 4 pipes and a connector.

Firstly you'll need to remove the wiper arms and scuttle panel around the base of the windscreen (various screws/clips). You'll see the valve sitting about the centre of the windscreen.

Pinch the pipes on the engine side with 2 pairs of vice grips before removing to save losing engine coolant. Then simply remove and refit new valve. The valve just hooks over the scuttle lip once you've got the pipes off. Be sure to refit the wiper arms in the correct position again.

Try to buy a genuine Ford replacement as some of the aftermarket valves are poor quality. There's hardly any difference in price.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I had a look this morning and the screws holding the the panel look to be well and truly corroded I don't know if I'll bother with the winter approaching.Thanks for all the replies.

Sponsored Links
Back