Karche KB4040 Start problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a KB4040 pressure washer that won't start properly the motor just hums but won't spin
I stripped it down and cannot find any obvious problems , the filters are clear etc, and I have checked the switch which seems to be ok, I have found that if I manually turn the motor say half a turn then it will start and spin up OK - but when it stops it won't start again until I move it manually again. Is this a problem with the start capacitor ? anyone got any other ideas ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
In a cap. start or cap. run motor, It could be the capacitor or one of the field windings.

Between them, the capacitor and second field winding generate a field out of phase with the supply current to kick the armature into rotary motion instead of just oscillating in an alternating field.

In a universal motor, it could be a brush jammed in it's holder, not making contact with all the commutator segments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back