Karcher K5 Problem ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Karcher K5 Problem ?

Been given this pressure washer.
When I use it to wash car then leave it on to soap the car before washing off the K5 motor starts up without handle being touched.

I have noticed a leak from the inside of the casing when using the the machine .

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
They tend to get left in a cold garage or shed with water still inside them from the last time they were used.

When that water freezes it splits the mechanism inside and causes the leak. As the automatic switch-off from the trigger relies on pressure being retained within the mechanism the pump switches back on because the pressure has dropped due to the leak.

Are you able to disassemble it to find which part is leaking?

They tend to get left in a cold garage or shed with water still inside them from the last time they were used.

When that water freezes it splits the mechanism inside and causes the leak. As the automatic switch-off from the trigger relies on pressure being retained within the mechanism the pump switches back on because the pressure has dropped due to the leak.

Are you able to disassemble it to find which part is leaking?
Last time I tried to take apart a K2 it was a nightmare.

So I might solider on with the K5 and switch off after washing to car then switch on to clean off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back