Karcher WV2 Window Vac Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Window Vac that won't charge.
After stripping it down I've found that water ingress has damaged a component that must use the in board charging.

I've seen some YouTube videos that people have used 5vdc usb charging boards to charge the battery.

The aim is to still use the original adapter and due to the control board still works to power the unit, auxiliary use the usb charging board to charge the battery.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Electronics isn't my discipline (mechanical engineer) but willing to give anything a go if I get 12 months out of it.

Cheers

Attachments

• 15650401897343041313968075393497.jpg
    15650401897343041313968075393497.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 236
Sponsored Links
Well you've obviously destroyed any chance of a warranty claim for water ingress by stripping it apart so why not just bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Save all the faffing about trying to get the correct usb board and piggy backing it when you need to charge the vac.

Thanks for ya reply.

I already have a brand new one I'm using at the moment. This was strictly a project to see if I could get it running again for me to have a back up.
Bearing in mind the unit is 4 years old... Warranty isn't the issue!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back