Keith Floyd dies.

At least that idiot that is James Martin wont have to pick his tounge of the floor anymore when Keith is on Saturday Kitchen.

I could not help but laugh when Floyd looked at him when he had that great bottle of scotch. You could see he had no desire to talk to him, but wanted that bottle. He duly got it, demanded ice and by the end of the programme it was gone. Nice work Keith!

Poor Michele Roux will have the cleanest bum in the UK now.

Paul

Sponsored Links
I always enjoyed his cooking programmes with "plenty of wine for the chef".

I'll have a slurp of red in his honour tonight. And one for dear Hector (I think that was the name).

Sponsored Links
great character, lived live to the full.
Nothing wrong with that.
Really?

Wasn't he just a p*sshead who happened to be able to cook?

Many of us are more amusing to watch when sozzled, but making light of an alcohol habit is to ignore the extent to which it tears apart families and wrecks lives. And the people who aren't 'good ole blokes' are frequently violent thugs whose evil side is fuelled by drink into battering either their spouses or random members of the public.

So do you still think Floyd was funny, or was he perhaps just a sad fool whose addiction was funded by TV license holders?

ironicly there was a program on about him last night
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/keith-meets-keith/4od#2970765

keith allen meets keith floyd
Thanks for posting that big-all. I didn't see the show last night. He seems to have become quite a bitter man in his later years which is strange really as he was most certainly the architect of his own destiny. I agree with the comments from some of you here regarding 'enjoying life' etc but I also think that Keith's physical and aesthetic look make an excellent argument for looking after yourself. I mean for 65 he looked terrible.

i myself am rather overweight so not one to judge ;)

but i had in my head that he looked in his late seventies and my jaw dropped when i found out he had only just got his state pension :rolleyes:

he lived life to the full and paid the price

and yes he did seem a bit bitter :cry:

ooo and glad the link worked :D

Masona... If your blood pressure is lower than what you doc deems healthy, Id be worried and not smile about it!
I think you're wrong! 120/80 is healthy and my reading at the moment is 118/75 and used to be around 150/99 & according to the bpassoc.org.uk link below,

Normal blood pressure is having a blood pressure reading that is above 120 over 80(120/80), but below 140 over 90 (140/90). If your blood pressure is within this range, you should be taking steps to bring it down, or to stop it rising any further. Our five top tips will show you how.

The reason why people with normal blood pressure readings should lower it is that the higher your blood pressure, the higher your risk of health problems. For example, a blood pressure level of 135 over 85 (135/85) may be “normal” but someone with this reading is twice as likely to have a heart attack or stroke as someone with a reading of 115 over 75 (115/75).

The problem is there's so many people do not know their blood pressure reading before it's too late :cry:
Anorexics have a lower body weight that what doctors would call healthy. Should thay smile about that too?
This can be misleading, my BMI suggest I'm well overweight but I'm not, I'm now very slim since the gym & healthy eating, the correct way is to measure the fat percentage which mine is 11.7%. The healthy body fat percentage range is between 11-22% for my age group
The reason the BMI quoting I'm overweight is because I have more muscle than fat which weigh more so it's incorrect reading.

he lived life to the full and paid the price
I disagree. The price he paid was the same one that we all have to pay.

The benefit he got, however, was not a full life, since he spent a lot of it drunk and latterly, apparently, bitter.

If you call that "full", how do you classify the life of someone who works tirelessly, soberly, enjoyably, peacefully, with dedication to their family, and who leaves a legacy of good memories and a lasting addition of value to whatever community they lived in?

great character, lived live to the full.
Nothing wrong with that.
Really?

Wasn't he just a p*sshead who happened to be able to cook?
Maybe! but good at both

So do you still think Floyd was funny, or was he perhaps just a sad fool whose addiction was funded by TV license holders?

I think he was funny and wished I'd have had some of the enjoyments he had and created out of his talent, not only to cook and entertain but to do it w@nkered. Unfortunately some of the great talents fall victim of addictions that does not make them less great.
RIP Keith Floyd you entertained me, made me smile and laugh, I don't ask anymore. I'd pay my fees over again to see you back at it.

Ok so those two won various football medals and rode Derby winners did Mr Floyd win any culinary prizes if so then then he was indeed a good cook.

Sponsored Links
Back