Keith Moon of the Who, one of the world's best drummers?

I

imamartian

Well... i think not, not even in the top 20!.... anyone got any reason to suggest i might be wrong?

(sorry it comes across as an aggressive question... i just strongly disagree with the hype surrounding The Who and Moon)

Sponsored Links
Is this thread in recognition of that drummer boy on britain's got talent?

Anyway - I've never seen/heard Moon perform. However, the drummer from Jacques Loussier's jazz trio is pretty amazing.

Is this thread in recognition of that drummer boy on britain's got talent?

Anyway - I've never seen/heard Moon perform. However, the drummer from Jacques Loussier's jazz trio is pretty amazing.

No, the kid on BGT is good because he's a kid with a 17/18 yr old's talent.
I'm taking best in the world. ever...

I'm Youtubing JL's ability as we speak.... but i want to explore Moon (so to speak)... he's labelled as a rock drummer....he doesn't know what rock is!

Was he not declared the best drummer last night on that programme hosted by Jonathan Woss?

Sponsored Links
Someone once commented to John Lennon that Ringo Starr was one of the top four drummers in the world.

'Fook off', snarled Lennon ' he not even one of the the best four drummers in the Beatles'...............

I thought the cadbury gorilla was better than Moon!
Even the battery bunny and I am not talking about the rampant one ;)

Was he not declared the best drummer last night on that programme hosted by Jonathan Woss?

i caught a bit of that and wondered... they mention Dave Grohl, Bonzo and Moon... none of the top three..

Someone once commented to John Lennon that Ringo Starr was one of the top four drummers in the world.

'Fook off', snarled Lennon ' he not even one of the the best four drummers in the Beatles'...............

That is absolute classic!!!! :LOL:

He was a massive rock star in a massive rock band, sometimes being 'the best' has nothing to do with technical ability.
Yeh, some of those beardy wierdy jazz cats are very technically gifted but fffk are they boring. I'd rather watch an alcoholic speeded up nutter with massive eyeballs kicking the living **** outta his drum kit!

Wasn't that show specifically about rock bands though?

The only drummer worth listening to is Phil Collins in his Genesis days.

He was actually a very good drummer, just not a very technical minded drummer.

Keith Moon has to be in the top 5 drummers

Neal Peart is prob in the worlds top 3, would go as far as saying hes the best!

John Bonham, Lars Olsrich, lots of great drummers out there, obviously some are not with us anymore. I was considering learning the drums, but ended up playing guitar.

Sponsored Links
Back