Keith Moon of the Who, one of the world's best drummers?

no doubt that Moon was one the world's best, though it's not apparent in all the Who songs. his frenetic antics were a perfect complement to the band's act, and technically he really was gifted.
another ace was Ginger Baker, who I once saw on a TV rock/doc showing his talents solo. unbelievable, he made the drums talk. favourite album track 'We're Goin Wrong' , Disraeli Gears. It's not loud or prominent, but he goes through the whole tune without repeating a single pattern. Ace!
Apart from that it all comes down to personal preference, you either like stuff or you don't.

Sponsored Links
I had the pleasure of seeing Ginger Baker in concert many years ago (Baker/ Gurvitz Army Band).
Yep a really talented drummer. He did a solo that lasted around 15 minutes. Bloody great.

worst rock drumming, Metallica's 'And Justice For All'
that album could be transformed with a good stickman

Sponsored Links
Chas and Dave weren't so bad, after all!

Buddy Rich had his moments if you like that sort of thing

That young kid drummer on BGT was only a basher and not very good IMO.

THIS is a proper young drummer. :D

I never rated Cozy Powell, couldnt see what the fuss was about.

He had the good fortune to make a hit record. That's it, really.

anyone else rate phil taylor? his drumming on the ace of spades, bomber and overkill albums is fabulous IMO.

Rick Allen from Def Leppard has got to be considered a brilliant drummer. The way he has overcome his loss of an arm is an inspiration.

Sponsored Links
Back