Kenwood mini chopper CH180A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At wits end - Kenwood mini chopper CH180A PROBABLY needs new nylon gear wheels (available as a spare) but i cant get into it. Beneath the two "front" rubber feet are two crosshead plastic screws - easypeasy - but at the other end, just under where the mains lead goes in, is a ? - its bright and shiny and down a hole in the plastic about as deep as the screws at the front - not an allen key head - not a hex head - doesnt seem to be a sunken triangulatr head - what is it? -not a crosshead and doesnt seem to be one of those strange tiangular things with tags standing out ??? - i dont usually have this trouble - all suggestions gratefully received

Sponsored Links
pix as requested - cant look down the hole endoscope required
pix of :---CH180A -----"plastic" screw (both removed from front under rubber "feet"---underside of CH180A showing both screws removed from front and hole at rear at the bottom of which is the mystery fixing

Attachments

• P1000446.JPG
    P1000446.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 40
  • P1000445.JPG
    P1000445.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 48
  • P1000441.JPG
    P1000441.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for the pics.
Can you take one with the camera directly over the top of the mysterious screw (or draw a picture of it!)?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a service manual, or exploded diagram for that model.

You may have to buy a security bit set and see what fits?

I've been happy with this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-82399-Security-Screwdriver-Driver/dp/B01GZWT5FW
...as long as the screws don't sit very deep!

Sponsored Links
have sent off for the Draper set - many thanks for the suggestion - will have another look at the mystery fixing and try to draw it but without a camera lens small enough to get down the hole AND a light source to go with it pix are not possible this end. -- and then there are the reflections from the mf head , which is very bright and shiny and compounds the problem !

Attachments

• mystery fixing drawing.pdf
    591.3 KB · Views: 97
Could very well be this one:

20211029_215749.jpg

It does actually have a hex shape to it, but because it is so small, it may be difficult to see.
Good luck when you get the set, I hope you have fun finding more things to disassemble with it! :)

Thanks for all your help and for the pic - I had thought it might be hexagonal - I had thought maybe an allen key (not that) but looking at it again yes, a hint of hex - thanks once again
kind regards
kevin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back