Keston c36 Boiler Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - We are having issues with our boiler in which the hot water works sporadically. I tried topping the pressure up with a filling loop, but it tops up at 1.0 which is quite low.

The heating works fine.

When it isn't working, the hot water will start, but will get cold rapidly. The green light on the hot water side isn't firing either when this occurs. I am assuming that it could be because of the low pressure, but the manual says that 1.0 is acceptable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
To do anything on these ****boxes requires the case to be opened. So you will need to call an RGI to come round with a lump hammer and skip.

Dan, I will need to get these two items as part of my tool kit:cool:

Sponsored Links
As long as the pressure is above 0 and the CH works then that's not why your hot water is behaving like that. Recommend pressure is set to 1> 1.5 bar so you're fine at 1bar
You will need to get someone in though to check a few things in relation to the hot water system, flow sensor, temperature thermistor, etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back