Keston C36

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having probs with a c36 keston that is making a loud bang on ignition. It is vibrating throughout the casing and has damaged the flue exhaust pipe within the casing which I have now replaced. Been on to the phone to keston tech and they won't help me any further until I get a gas analyser. In the absence of one of those does anyone have any ideas?

Once ignited there is no problems and hot water/c heating working fine. Occasionally it takes several attempts at lighting itself to actually ignite.

My thoughts are of a gas valve problem or maybe a gas-air mix ratio that needs calibrating but before I make a service call to keston I thought I'd search some help?

Sponsored Links
gowiththeflow said:
I am having probs with a c36 keston that is making a loud bang on ignition. It is vibrating throughout the casing and has damaged the flue exhaust pipe within the casing which I have now replaced. Been on to the phone to keston tech and they won't help me any further until I get a gas analyser. In the absence of one of those does anyone have any ideas?

That bang is classic keston. You def need the FGA to set it up correctly.

I've had a telegan sprint for 3 years now. Its reliable and gives the results. It does have to go for calibration and sensors every year which is extra ££. I have heard variable things about the kanes. I think if you join Argi then you get a discount on a new one!

Sponsored Links
Its good to here of someone who has got good words about a sprint!

My sprint 2000 is 18 months old and been back 5 times already for faults under warranty :rolleyes:

Each time it has been away for 2 weeks :mad:

A word of warning from an installer, if you have to call out Keston service engineers (which you will trust me) then make sure the customer dosnt miss the appointment, mine did & Keston kindly sent me a bill for £82-25 call out charge, so i sent them an invoice for the several in warrenty visits i made to repair there crappy boilers.
Up until about a year ago Keston boilers wernt to bad, but recently i have has a lot of problems with faulty ignition & very noisy burners, i will not be installing any more despite the flexibe flue system.

PS. if your reading this Keston then start looking after the installers, no installers = no Keston

Rant over!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back