Keston c36 Lack of ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i fitted a keston c36 in my parents place just before christmas, had trouble with the diverter valve and keston replaced the resistor on the loom and all seemed good, now there is a fault code come up saying lack of ignition, whats the most probable cause of this? Checked the condense trap was free and cleaned the ignitor and it fired up, so i left but have just had a message and its still playing up, what else could i try? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi, i fitted a keston c36 in my parents place just before christmas, had trouble with the diverter valve and keston replaced the resistor on the loom and all seemed good, now there is a fault code come up saying lack of ignition, whats the most probable cause of this? Checked the condense trap was free and cleaned the ignitor and it fired up, so i left but have just had a message and its still playing up, what else could i try? Cheers
Are you a registered gas installer? What did Keston say when they did the warranty call?

Are you a registered gas installer? What did Keston say when they did the warranty call?

Yeah im corgi registered (or gas safety registered should i say!) Keston didn't really want to know as the boiler must have been older stock from the merchants and they were going by the manufacture date and not the installation date when the warrenty card was sent off. Good service eh? Sorted it tonight, was just a faulty ignition lead, good job i had another to hand!

Sponsored Links
If you are Gas Safe Registered then you should register to post in the Combustion Chamber where we can better help you with trade enquiries.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back