keston c36 no c/h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a keston c36 combi 5 years old. no probs with hot water. central heating does not seam to be circulating. pump running ok. no airlocks in system, keston room stat ok. anyone got any ideas? :D

Sponsored Links
thank you for yoyr reply.
looking into other sites, they mention replacing the hydroblock diverter motor or firstly replacing the capacitor. has anyone any experiance of replacing these?

kindest regards :D

Sponsored Links
Unscrew the motor from the hydroblock sometimes it is possible to "wiggle" the hydroblock lever by hand to free it up, while the motor is off operate HW/CH to make sure the motor is working, if the motor just hunts (trying to move but not getting there) change the Capacitor (KEston have up-sized these) it is found in the bottom right hand side wrapped up in the wiring loom. ;)

many thanks for all of your help.
I took the diverter valve motor off (one screw) and was able to move the lever to heating/hot water. (no problems) the motor also worked. I wrote to keston and they sent me (foc) a new capacitor. I have installed this and all seams to be working fine.

Hope this is of help to anyone in the same position.

kindest regards :D

And isn't the new one MUCH bigger than the original ...methinks they have had problems :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back