Keston Celsius 25 start problem

MLL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Combi boiler fitted 2004. Recently had a new exhaust flue pipe and manifold gasket (leaking/corrosion). However CH and HW does not always come on when the automatic programming requests it, nor when I switch it on manually. To get it to start I have to remove the white plastic screw from the exhaust flue (then replace when it's running). My engineer is stumped! He has checked the flue and all other parts with no apparent problems, he has suggested a Keston engineer but they charge £245 call out and said they only deal with the boiler's internal parts, ie. not the exhaust flue. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Sponsored Links
To get it to start I have to remove the white plastic screw from the exhaust flue (then replace when it's running).

My engineer is stumped! He has checked the flue and all other parts with no apparent problems, he has suggested a Keston engineer but they charge £245 call out and said they only deal with the boiler's internal parts, ie. not the exhaust flue. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Not a very good engineer then!

I wonder what he thinks about the capabilities of the Keston engineers?

Perhaps because they know what they are doing they can charge more?

Does he even have a Flue Gas Analyser? You cannot do much with modern boilers without one!

By the way, its classed as dangerous for a non gas reg engineer to open that flue test point!

Tony

• Thanks
Reactions: MLL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back