kettling bosch worcester gas fired combi 240

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having kettling and tripping out on overheat problems usually when using c/h and d/h/w at the same time. {intermittant fault)

The boiler is now 13 yrs old and the problem first ocurred at the beginning of 2006. I got the B/W engineer out and he renewed the w/w heat exchanger and the thermistor sensor. He also put 1 ltr of sentinel fluid into the system.

This seemed to clear the fault but it reappeared late september of last year when we started using the c/h again.

It may be relevant that I've noticed that when the c/h is off and I run the hot water for a while, the c/h flow pipe ( where it comes out of the boiler)heats up. Or is this normal?.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be as I don't want to have to fork out another 245 quid on the off chance that they might fix it this time.

Thanks in advance for any advice , which would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
How long does it run for before it starts playing up and overheating?

Is the pump running correctly, ive replaced sticking pumps on these that caused random O/H.

Sponsored Links
How long does it run for before it starts playing up and overheating?

Is the pump running correctly, ive replaced sticking pumps on these that caused random O/H.

Thanks for your reply petit pablo.

Being an intermittent fault it sometimes doesn't fail,but when it does, it can happen after a few minutes usually when c/h and d/hw are running at the same time. I presume that I would have to drain the boiler to check the pump, or is it possible to isolate only the pump?
Thanks again.
SD. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back