Keyboard not working!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Further to my recent post about the virus Security Shield, i've tried running antivirus and malware programs and have now lost the use of the keyboard on my machine.

Obviously i'm using another machine to post this....the laptop i have the issue with is an Acer Extensia 5620Z running XP pro.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the key board driver with no effect, i think the anti malware program deleted or changed the keyboard driver which i've not been able to use since.

In device manager the tab Keyboard stands out with a yellow background and an ! with the words - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

When i click on this the Device Status says, This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system

Trouble shooter doesn't do anything by the way.....

So, bearing in mind i dont have a working keyboard is there a way of getting the keyboard back working again, i can easily access the web on another machine and download a new driver to a USB if necessary, although i dont have a clue where to look for such a thing.

Another bit of info, under the resources tab the info says conflicting device list:

Input/Output Range 0060 - 0060 and Input/Output Range 0064 - 0064

I dont know if that is the problem and if it is i dont know how to make any changes....

Obviously any help will be greatfully recieved as other than the keyboard not working, the rest of the laptop seems fine....

Sponsored Links
Hi

Not sure of your entire config but...

Boot into safe mode with networking support, delete keyboard driver,let windows detect driver, reboot, try windows normally..

Doobs

Sponsored Links
Back