keyhole surgery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got an operation tomorrow on a torn cartalidge on my knee there going to open it up and cut the damaged cartilage off thats agravating my knee and while there at it there going to so called clean my knee up (get rid of any floating bones or spurs that are there) they are also going to put me under general anesthetic as well
which im not to happy about, and im going to be out of action for a few weeks, has any body here had this done? and was it successful? i must admit im not looking forward to it,any answers b4 9am tomorrow please lol

Sponsored Links
best of luck m8te youll be fine skimming in notime.
I did buy you some grapes but thort fu*k walking that far so i ate them :D youl be fine
P.S steve did you know your post said gayhole

best of luck m8te youll be fine skimming in notime.
I did buy you some grapes but thort fu*k walking that far so i ate them :D youl be fine
P.S steve did you know your post said gayhole
well you must have seen my post b4 i edited it addict, but it said geyhole surgery not gayhole you almost had 10 out of ten for observations ill have to give u a 9 now lol. im just havin my last cup of tea because tomorrow im not allowed anything with milk in it, i may chicken out yet and put up with the pain

ill come down there and club you over the head and drop you off at the hospital:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
ive got an operation tomorrow on a torn cartalidge on my knee there going to open it up and cut the damaged cartilage off thats agravating my knee and while there at it there going to so called clean my knee up (get rid of any floating bones or spurs that are there) they are also going to put me under general anesthetic as well
which im not to happy about, and im going to be out of action for a few weeks, has any body here had this done? and was it successful? i must admit im not looking forward to it,any answers b4 9am tomorrow please lol

Steve.

I had right knee scoped to tidy up cartilage in 05 ( damaged it in Karate tournament). I walked out after the op, no crutches. I did a proper rehab under a sports physio (not just standard exercises off a sheet hat they will give you) After six weeks I could do ten laps of a football pitch, back to work better than ever - little round scar each side

I was 37 then , fairly fit but in truth wear and tear from too much sport and working as a spread probably took it's toll. Never had a problem with it since.

It depends how much they have to do, etc so I'm not saying it will be the same for you, but it is a really routine op. Be sensible after wards and you should be okay. Let us know how you get on - best of luck.

Steve.

I had right knee scoped to tidy up cartilage in 05 ( damaged it in Karate tournament). I walked out after the op, no crutches. I did a proper rehab under a sports physio (not just standard exercises off a sheet hat they will give you) After six weeks I could do ten laps of a football pitch, back to work better than ever - little round scar each side

I was 37 then , fairly fit but in truth wear and tear from too much sport and working as a spread probably took it's toll. Never had a problem with it since.

It depends how much they have to do, etc so I'm not saying it will be the same for you, but it is a really routine op. Be sensible after wards and you should be okay. Let us know how you get on - best of luck.
thanks for that mic i can relate to your karate experience as i used to do martial arts kick boxing running cycling and plastering my body has worn out, the other knee has athritis as well if they can sort this knee out ill have one good knee, the other one(arto knee) gives way i fell on the floor 3 times in a row while spreading onsite, i looked a right **** everytime i tried to get up i fell back down again, i dont think theres much they can do with that one, ive got visions of me getting total knee replacements in a few years , i worked with an old spread who had both knees replaced and a hip replaced im starting to know how he felt now

think this is what your having done arthroscopy
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Arthroscopy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

ive had it done 6 times now over the years 4 right knee and 2 left,
1st op was done when i was 19,im 42 now :rolleyes:i had both done together about 4-5 years ago then 6mths later had to have the right knee done again,but having both done together was REAL FUN,trying to sit down especially on the bog was a nightmare :LOL:
depends on why your having it done?if its a recent injury that you have sustained then you may be ok and never have any trouble with it again,with me after listening to all the reasons over the years ive been told im/will be suffering from osteoarthritis,which looks like i will have to have both knee caps replaced by late 50s??mine flare up regulary,due to weather/use.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/osteoarthritis/Pages/Introduction.aspx
bear in mind that you will always be wary of the fact that your knee may well be weaker.
hopefully for you,once done you wont ever suffer from it again,take your time to get better dont rush and over do it,try to enjoy the time off :rolleyes:
get better soon.

think this is what your having done arthroscopy
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Arthroscopy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

ive had it done 6 times now over the years 4 right knee and 2 left,
1st op was done when i was 19,im 42 now :rolleyes:i had both done together about 4-5 years ago then 6mths later had to have the right knee done again,but having both done together was REAL FUN,trying to sit down especially on the bog was a nightmare :LOL:
depends on why your having it done?if its a recent injury that you have sustained then you may be ok and never have any trouble with it again,with me after listening to all the reasons over the years ive been told im/will be suffering from osteoarthritis,which looks like i will have to have both knee caps replaced by late 50s??mine flare up regulary,due to weather/use.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/osteoarthritis/Pages/Introduction.aspx
bear in mind that you will always be wary of the fact that your knee may well be weaker.
hopefully for you,once done you wont ever suffer from it again,take your time to get better dont rush and over do it,try to enjoy the time off :rolleyes:
get better soon.
hi gregers cheers for that, ive been told that i have osteoarthritis in left knee "moderate" thats the one that locks right knee has it mild with torn cartalidge thats the one thats being opped on 2day,
your having a mare with your knees its sounds like

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back