Keyless night lock...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a recent attempted break in and for extra security I want to add a couple more locks on the back door (hardwood)...

However, I don't want a yale with a key as I know for sure I'd lock myself out.

Just want something that we can slide/lock at night while we're in bed. Looked at these http://www.yalelock.co.uk/en/yale/couk/ProductsDB/?groupId=272&productId=6725 but read reviews of them getting stuck.

Just really want a surface mounted lock that doesn't look like it belongs on a gate rather than a door.

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
/i haven't noticed these sticking and they souldnt stick and if they do then due to the nature of them and how they work i think they could be opened with a combo of a cut key and a cordless drill.

make sure that they are fitted straight and they dont need persuading into the door, i think that they might stick if they are forced into the door :S

They do tend to get stiff sometime but only need a spray of WD40

Sponsored Links
mine don't

brass parts so free of corrosion. As long as the door does not sag so the bolt binds. Instrs are to make the hole in the frame bigger than the bolt to allow a bit of slack.

BTW you say "keyless." You can get a brass or chrome knob that you screw to the door instead of using the removable splined key. That way your charred body is less likely to be found sprawled against the door after a house fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back