Keypad Tamper on Galaxy g2? please help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed 2 keypads. both cables from the keypad go straight to the alan panel and connect to A and B and - and +.

both keypads have a 680 resistor going accross the A and B terminal.

one is adressed to 0 and the other is one. I really can't inderstand why? :(

thank you. :(

Sponsored Links
There is a red button switch on the PCB of each keypad. This needs to be depressed by the keypads wall mounted backplate. Ensure that the front of the housing is fitted correctly, as the plastic edges are sometimes a tight fit.

If it seems to be fitted properly, then in the backplate, you will find a detachable plastic post which meets up with the switch. In some situations, where tolerances stack up, the post does not fully depress the red button switch. If this happens, you can remove the post and fit a rawl plug directly in the wall, then apply an appropriate screw which may be adjusted in order that it depresses the switch when the keypad front plate is fitted.

There is a red button switch on the PCB of each keypad. This needs to be depressed by the keypads wall mounted backplate. Ensure that the front of the housing is fitted correctly, as the plastic edges are sometimes a tight fit.

If it seems to be fitted properly, then in the backplate, you will find a detachable plastic post which meets up with the switch. In some situations, where tolerances stack up, the post does not fully depress the red button switch. If this happens, you can remove the post and fit a rawl plug directly in the wall, then apply an appropriate screw which may be adjusted in order that it depresses the switch when the keypad front plate is fitted.

Thanks! Sorted! Another problem has popped up :(
I can set the alarm fine, got the kitchen Pir set the 'exit' and the door set to final, the system sets, bleeps twice to confirm, but when I walk in the house the entry noise starts and when I put my code in it just says 'status set'
And wont stop the alarm going off :( any help would be good thanks!

The default for the panel is DD243 compliance which requires a prox tag to unset. To allow keypad or fob unsetting, change menu 51.55.3 (Restrict Keypads) to No.

Regards,

Sponsored Links
All the above correct.
The Galaxy always catches the unaware with the DD243 setting.

TomTom23, did you mean to try and add me as a friend or did you actually mean socdesign :D

PS the little screw used should be a small posi or a slotted or the tamper switch will slip into the "void" of a standard No10/8 screw.

Hi there. I came across this thread as I am having similar problems myself. I am in engineer mode but when I enter code and press esc, it says checking for tampers. It then says Tamper Keypad 0 and I cannot get rid of this. It then returns to engineer mode again. It’s so frustrating!!! please, can anyone help?!

Hi there. I came across this thread as I am having similar problems myself. I am in engineer mode but when I enter code and press esc, it says checking for tampers. It then says Tamper Keypad 0 and I cannot get rid of this. It then returns to engineer mode again. It’s so frustrating!!! please, can anyone help?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back