Galaxy G2-20 with LCE-01 Ethernet Module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Galaxy G2-20 and an LCE-01-4 ethernet module to make use of ethernet functionality with an iPhone. Before connecting it up I wanted to check a few things.

Enclosed is a picture of my Galaxy G2-20. It has a C020-01-C PCB with a Mk7 keypad and V2 wireless receiver connected. Currently the keypad and V2 wireless receiver wires are joined and are connected to the PCB as follows

2 Black leads (-)
2 Red leads (+)
2 Green leads (A)
2 White leads (B)

My questions are as follows:

Question 1

From what I can see the panel does not have a RS485 bus header. Is this correct?

Question 2

Assuming there is no RS485 bus header I was going to connect the ethernet module using flying leads
on the panel screw terminals. The ethernet momdule has a Red (+12V), Black (0V), White (A) and Yellow (B) leads.
Am I correct in connecting the leads so that there are now three leads joined and connected as follows?

2 Black leads (-) + Black (0V)
2 Red leads (+) + Red (+12V)
2 Green leads (A) + White (A)
2 White leads (B) + Yellow (B)

Question 3

In the image of the G2-20 PCB there appears to be two 12V Auxilliary outputs. One is currently being used for the keypad and wireless receiver.
What is the second one for? Can I connect the ethernet Black (OV) to the other auxilliary output (-), ethernet Red (12V) to the other auxilliary output (+) instead?
Or is it better to join the power wires to the existing ones as suggested in Question 2.

Question 4

In the image of the G2-20 PCB there is a 2-way header RS485 termination. What is this for?

Best regards

Embee

Attachments

• IMG_3905.jpg
    IMG_3905.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 350
  • G2-20-PCB-Layout.JPG
    G2-20-PCB-Layout.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 326
Sponsored Links
1. Correct, no header on the G2. Wire the flying lead into the panel terminals.

2. Yes, no need to daisy chain as the flying lead is so short.

3. Just extra screw terminals, the copper connects on the PCB.

4. This is for termination to stop reflection of signals on the rs485 bus. The bus is quite resilient to noise, so for domestic short runs of less than 50m, there's no need to worry about reflection or noise on the bus. Just leave the jumper on as default.

Thank you GalaxyGuy. You are a fount of knowledge.

1. & 2. All seems straightforward. Thanks for confirming the connections.

3. For my information when would this other - + connection be used? For example when using a zone expander?

4. Ok. Not experiencing any issues. From my pic it looks like the jumper has been removed as the pins are visible. Should I just leave it as it is?

The terminals are for any auxilliary that needs 12v power. RIO's, sensors etc. One set of terminals would get crowded after a few devices are connected.

Just leave without the jumper. It will run fine.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for providing more colour on those points GalaxyGuy.

Fingers crossed configuring the LCE-01 should run smoothly from here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back