Kickspace 600 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with a problem with my Kickspace 600's. I had a kitchen installed 4 years ago, two kitchen rads were removed in favour of 3 Kickspace 600's. They've worked fine in conjunction with a Potterton Puma Boiler.

As the weather has got colder I switched them back on and realised they were not working, fan not running or just blowing cool air. I removed each, drained them, there was no visable gunk although the water was fairly well coloured.

I refitted the heaters and while the fan reliably kicks in periodically, they still omit cool air. I've bled any trapped air in the system and both feed and returns are of equal temperature at the unit which is quite hot.

Tried various sites for assistance including myson but find nothing similar to my problem. What is the expected life of this unit does anyone know what could be wrong?

PS, these are connected to an external thermostat.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
Fluff?
Circulation ok? - try closing other rads. Old pumas get tired pumps and diverter valves which let-by internally.

thats funny, i've got 2 600s with a similar problem.

worked ok last winter..but
this winter they dont seem to work.

so i pulled them out and tried to bleed them...
i got a needle fine jet of water out...
which got hot enought to cause the stat to make the fan run.
so i know hot water can get to the unit.

but i'm guessing the return is blocked or at least very restricted
as it still doesnt turn on.
if i switch it manually it sometime feels a little warm.

whats the best way to clean it out..?

disconnect and give it a blast with a hose pipe ?
reverse or forward flow ?

Richard.

Sponsored Links
sorry JohnMA didnt mean to hijack your thread...
but i did mean to say what temp is you flow and return water...

the internal stat on the 600s is set to 43 Deg C.
and as far as i know...its not adjustable.
so if your temp isnt getting that high...it wont ever kick in.

so you may need to improve your boiler temperature or better lagging on the flow to keep the temperature up.
look out for a radiator in the circuit whcih is dropping your temperature before it gets to the 600's

Regards
Richard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back