myson kickspace problem

It's a great product idea, the Smiths Space Saver is simpler and comes with a 5yr warranty.

The Mysons used to come with a dimmer switch to very the fan speed, this often goes wrong.

As Dan says, a fan convector partnered with a condensing boiler is an excellent match. It doesn't need 80C, so disregard some of the advice you have seen on this thread.

Sponsored Links
I have two fan convectors and they both turn on at about 40*c.

Diy flush is basically hose out rads and heater, then use chemicals to loosen and remove the remaining sludge. If the system's too blocked, chemicals alone tend to be ineffective or only partially effective.

A sludge filter on the boiler return can help too, after the flush is done.

As said the flexible hoses do tend to catch sludge.

I also prefer the smith's heaters to the myson ones.

Sounds like I may have a problem with the hoses - by holding them I think there is a blockage as the hot water isn't getting all the way along to the heater.
Should I just replace them ? How easy is this to do (there are no isolator valves before the hoses)?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have a Myson 600 Kickspace heater, which was only working for about 15 - 20 seconds at a time. i took the heater out to flush it through thinking that was probably the issue, out it back and had the same problem.
having decided there was a problem with the flow or return, as the inlet pipe was getting hot, i changed the flexible hoses for Myson ones.
Hey presto it is working absolutely perfectly now. having checked the old flexible tubes i found that the rubber hose had collapsed and reduced the flow to zero.
I hope this will help some one with a similar problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back