Myson Kickspace 500 Duo Hydro-Electric Fan Convector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a question about the Myson Kickspace 500 Duo Hydro-Electric Fan Convector.

Is the fan automatically activated when hot water from the central heating system flows through the heater?

Or does the fan run continuously regardless of the central heating system being on or not?

I have seen there is a room thermostat option, but would like to know if the fan starts and stops automatically without that.

We had a Smith Plinth heater in our previous house which automatically turned on when hot water flowed through it. We are having a new kitchen fitted in our new house and the fitter has suggested the Myson plinth heater so I want to be sure it does the same thing otherwise I'll ask for the Smith one.

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
Hi mangroa. to answer your questions:- yes once ch water temp rises above certain temp. Will cycle a couple of times during warm up but doesn't take long.
Can if you use summer setting switch on front.
Won't without room t/stat. I didn't use Myson stat. Tame sparky fitted normal Honeywell to heater and neon switch (wall box used to be for old immersion switch and would have been blanked/plastered anyway.
Worked very well over years but, like any fan heater, noise may be an issue for you. Old dog liked it anyway, she used to take up residence in front of it during winter. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back