kidd vhe boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all, I'm looking for some feedback regarding Kidd boilers (NG) reliability, easy to service, performance and why someone refurbishing a period property would choose them over a Viessmann. Also, how efficient would the Kidd boiler fitted with Honeywell zone system be compared to a boiler supplied with its own weather compensator.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You will find very few installers that are familiar with both Kidd and Viessmann.

They are two very different routes to the same result. One is a high tech solution, the other a very basic non-modulating design.

The Kidd NG version is technically a Band B appliance; however Mr Kidd considers the SEDBUK test does not reflect an accurate portrayal of typical use. The Viessmann is a SEDBUK A and can be fitted with WC.

The Kidd has an enviable reliability record since 1982, and most of the production since that time is still in service. It is a good boiler to fit on old pipework as the 'old school' design is not so picky over water quality.

A modern Viessmann would be unlikely to last as long, and their top quality 300 series has unfortunately been dropped for the UK market very recently.

Satisfaction and loyalty feedback seems exceptional for Kidd; once someone has had one, they either try to take it with them or buy another.

I have a Kidd myself, and it cost 2-3 times more than the Viessmann. If you like basic things and have the room and the budget, the Kidd is a Rolls Royce of boilers.

If you like a bit of electronics and need a wall hung, the Viessmann is very good.

Two very different products. The Kidd needs training to service properly and will suffer if tended to without the necessary expertise and Kidd special sealant. The Viessmann is easier to service. But the Kidd lasts longer.

Difficult decision because you haven't said where your priorities lie.

Thanks for your reply. My priorities are really to get the most reliable system with control allowing to heat part of the house only when it is occupied. Boiler space is not a problem and money, within reason, will not be the key factor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back