Kidde K10SCO vs Kidde K4MCO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear forum members!

Can someone please explain to me why can't I install the cheaper combination CO alarm (K10SCO) instead of the more expensive K4MCO?

Both are carbon monoxide alarms, but one is significantly cheaper!

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
What's stopping you installing the cheaper one? Or are you asking what the difference is? The K10 is a battery powered smoke + CO alarm. The K4 is a mains powered, interconnected (so will also cause other interconnected alarms to sound at the same time) CO only alarm with a battery backup.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for explaining! I guess the premium is paid for the 'interconnected' bit and for the battery backup.
Due to your explanation I've changed my mind and now went to buy exactly the same as the old one (mains-powered, interconnected).

It's more expensive, but I don't want to violate the design intention of whoever has done the alarm layout.

Would have been awesome to have a recycling scheme for old units as they just need the sensor + battery replaced, don't they...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back