Kinetic Switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got no electrical knowledge but need to design a lighting scheme for my outdoor space and garden room. This structure is about 10-12m across the patio from my kitchen. I would like to control the outside lights from a switch in my kitchen, but also like to have a switch on the right wall of that garden room, in the open storage area, to control them from there too:

EF868476-37-E0-4-FCA-8826-1-A05-CEC602-EB.jpg

A9-BD9-D6-F-98-A9-4-E3-C-8587-70-C83-FB4-F6-F5.jpg

I already have a outdoor 2-way 2-gang light switch to go on that side wall, but I've been looking at Quinetic Wireless Switches and wonder if they could be a solution? They are not outdoor switches, but it could potentially go in the kitchen to control that side. Do they do 2-way switches, and if so, does the other side also have to be Quinetic Switch, or can it be a standard one with a receiver in circuit?

Sponsored Links
This vid at about 3min 30" suggests this can be done with a normal switch in the garden and kinetic one in the house:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back