Kingfisher programmer

Will draw out all the wiring on Monday.
Thanks. Please include everything connected to the 10 terminal block.

As per average old system, the boiler had the old timer for CH & HW and it was remotely controlled by the Room stat in the hall at the other end of the bungalow. For our convenience I replaced this Satchwell R.Stat with the CM907 which worked for 18 months perfectly.
Got that bit.

With the recent problem ie
Recently this standard boiler timer went wrong & I fitted the potterton boiler digital Programmer BP2000.
And that bit!

Now this programmer seems to override the Honeywell room stat
That's the strange bit. I take it that the CH side of the BP2000 is set to continuous.

now I set the operating times required on the boiler new timer (BP2000), I replaced the CM907 with the old RoomStat just to see if it still works as before, which it does.
Were you setting the operating times on the BP2000 when the CM907 was in place? or only when you replaced the old room stat?

The same of cource is achieved with the CM907 set to "MANual" ie acts only as a roomstat (expensive one at £60) BUT we lost its "AUTO" function which looked after times & Temps.

So you see I do not have installed & operating both simultaneously.
Thanks for clearing that up.

As mentioned in last paragraph 5 posts earlier, if the 907 ought to test for continuity as the roomstat did, the fact that it did not it may be faulty.
You should get continuity between A and B terminals when the thermostat is calling for heat. This should happen in both Auto and Man positions.

What are the six time/ temperature settings on the CM607?

Sponsored Links
NOTE..NOTE..small EDITING wiring:-
the second Black wire from "Boiler Term.Block" to No.10 should not be there. 10 only has 2 wires the Black from Boiler Term. Block & the Brown directly from the Pump.

Drew everthing in the box this time but, TRIED, as I get crossyed in the small boiler room & all the criss-cross wires in a small J.Box, why do they use small boxes?.

1. Yes set to "ONCE" from 06:00 to 23:00 ie continuous.

2. BP2000 times set with CM709 too.

3. A & B do not bridge on the test, but as mentioned earlier it must bridge because it seems to operate the "MAN" fanction as mentioned earlier:-
Perhaps I should mention that with the boiler timer set to start-stop CH, it only works if the RoomStat is rotated over the ambient room temp, & same with CM907 it must be set to "Manual" ie constantly on.

4. Time/Temp shows the present time & Ambient Temp.

Drew everything in the box this time but, TRIED, as I get cross eyed in the small boiler room & all the criss-cross wires in a small J.Box, why do they use small boxes?.
Thanks, that was very useful. Only one query. Terminal 10 show a brown wire to Pump, a wire to Boiler Pump L Terminal and a wire to Boiler Pump N Terminal. I think this must be a mistake as it would short Live to Neutral. In any case you show a Blue wire from Pump to Terminal 2, so presumably that is the Neutral.

Apart from that, the wiring is correct.

There is a simple change you can make, which will bypass the CH side of the internal timer, so it just does HW. The CM907 would then have exclusive control of the heating.

Disconnect the wire connected to 4 from the CH terminal of the boiler programmer and connect it to Terminal 1 (L), so 4 connects to 1 instead of CH terminal.

Terminal A of the CM907 connects to Terminal 4
Terminal B of the CM907 connects to Terminal 5
A Neutral connection is not required to the CM907, so the blue wire should be disconnected, preferably at both ends, and made safe.

3. A & B do not bridge on the test, but as mentioned earlier it must bridge because it seems to operate the "MAN" function as mentioned earlier:- Perhaps I should mention that with the boiler timer set to start-stop CH, it only works if the RoomStat is rotated over the ambient room temp, & same with CM907 it must be set to "Manual" ie constantly on.
The thermostat will only bridge A and B when the set temperature is above the ambient temperature. Set the CM907 to Auto and the required temperature to a high value, e.g 30C or more, using the UP button on the right of the display, then check continuity between A and B. You can do this with the thermostat disconnected as it is battery operated. Do the same with the slide switch in Man position.

4. Time/Temp shows the present time & Ambient Temp.
Not what I was asking about. I asked for the six programmed time/temperature settings on the CM907 (one day will do) e.g:

1 0700 20C
2 0900 16C
3 not used
4 not used
5 1730 21C
6 2300 10C

Been trying for hrs to connect on the net & just managed it. Lines full??

Well if connections are OK why then sudenly I cannot control the heating as before with the CM907.

1. I apologise for my mistake, but you may have read my last post before I made the Editing. Please have another look at it. I've removed the offending black wire.

2. I will connect termnl 4 to 1 (L) & see if it works.

3. I think I am OK with the CM907 A&B going to 4&5 respectively. There are blue & black going to the RStat but are both disconnected.

BTW I did manage to set the times/temps for the correct day at the end & the AUTO did cut on/Off on the meter BUT, not on "MAN" position ???

5. 907 gives the option for CH to come on/off 3 times a day morn/lunch & evening.

thanx again I will report tomorrow morning. .........nick

Sponsored Links
Well Mr. Hailsham,

Law & behold this morning it worked OK witout the nuisences I hade recently, like after the Auto shut it down on time, a few minutes later the boiler would fire & pump started running for ever untill I shut down everything.

Today I set CM907 to carry out 3 cycles & after every one, so far, no problems.

The only change I did was as you said the RStat bypasses the boiler programmer & going direct to L (1).

Any way thanks for your patience & moral support through it all.

God knows what caused the problems. Hope I will not bother you with this one again . ..........nick

That sounds great.

If the problem comes back, use this thread again. The we will be able to see the history of the problem.

Will do that for certain.

Had two more operating periods since & still OK.

Not all went in vain though, at least I have eventually after many tries managed to construct the diagram of the system & learn a bit about it.

What I did not grasp is terminology like "...switched live in & s.l. out....etc"

Thanx again .......nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back